Wednesday, December 7, 2022

Taking the steps...

Assalaamu alaykum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh.

I finally went for a walk this morning and immediately started pondering how I had shut myself off from so much over the past couple of years. I was thinking I'd walk down the long lane beside our land, but once I got to the gate, I realized that I had no reason to walk outside of our land, maashaa Allah. It was crazy. We have 51 acres of land that I could take a walk on, not having to bother about cars driving by or wearing proper hijab or being far away if I was needed back at the house, and this was the first time I'd done it. Subhaan Allah, every time I take a step, make an effort to do something, Allah blesses me with so much! 

I walked around and saw things around the farm, snow-capped mountains to the west, smokey low mountains to the north, indescribable clouds in rows with a rainbow sherbet sunrise making itself seen below them and thought about how much I was missing of all Allah has given me to appreciate and be in awe of. How will I appreciate more if I don't expose myself to it, if I don't take the step and open my eyes to it? 

I remembered how my walks alone helped me to work through things and give myself time to unearth all the deep-down thoughts and emotions that have been swept under the rug for years and need to be addressed. I thought of friendships that seemed so imbalanced that I could no longer sustain them and just thought to myself, "Let it go. Make du'a, love them from afar, and let.it.go." 

Allah is opening my mind to reason and letting reason govern my reactions and emotions. It's a process, but one that I can clearly implement and work through inshaa Allah. So many times I feel hurt by something that, if the situation was reversed, I would not consider it hurtful. That thought alone is freeing! Just looking at it from a different perspective changes the whole picture. In turn, it releases stress and unreasonable emotional expectations. If others are simply doing their thing, so can I. I just have to keep taking my own steps.

So, my advice of the day to anyone who needs it is to take your own steps to what will help you and let Allah leave you awestruck!

Subhaan Allahi wa bihamdihi, laa illaaha ilaa Ant, astaghfiruka wa atoobu ilayk.

2 comments:

  1. I'm following your newest journey with great interest. I know there are probably plenty of silent readers, but I wanted to leave a comment as tangible evidence that there are readers praying for you and cheering you on even as we benefit from your generous sharing of these passages.

    I found long ago that long walks are excellent medicine, particularly when I'm feeling hard done by and fighting the urge to sink into that feeling and make sure those I believe have wronged me know exactly how they've hurt me. Thank you for yet another timely reminder to lace up my literal and spiritual walking shoes.

    May Allah reward you for sharing with us. Much love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jazaak Illahu khayr. I was going to say that you have no idea how much your response means to me, but I think you do. Same wavelength, same channel alhamdulillah. Allah's timing is beyond perfection!
      Much love! ❤️

      Delete

Followers