Saturday, February 6, 2010

Mixing for the Good

BismIllah wa as salaamu alaykum.

When I read this, I thought of my feelings towards returning to the USA. In fact, I considered my closeted life there and how many times I've heard people say that being exposed to wrong-doing builds character. Hmmm. Wrong-doing certainly has pushed me to right-doing! I have hated so much the actions and effects of wrong-doing that I have run the opposite direction. However, mixing with the wrong-doers is another matter. Many do not have fear of the dangers. I just have this big banner pop up in my head, "You are on the deen of your companions!"

Ahmad ibn Harb (rahimahullâh) said, “There is nothing more beneficial to a Muslim’s heart than to mix with the righteous and to watch their actions, while nothing is more harmful to the heart than mixing with the sinners and watching their actions

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers