Whenever people ask me what I like best about Islam, I say that it is the most incredible incentive scheme I have ever seen. I studied psychology in college and wanted to laugh out loud when I learned about applied behavioral analysis and token economy. They are, without a doubt, showcased to perfection in Islam. Man may have come up with a label for these psychological approaches, but they are Divine Strategies of Our Creator.
I know, I know...I've put out plenty of other posts about reaping rewards from our actions and outlook: Reach Out Today, Make that Call, Have Mercy, Laughter and Tears, Trudging or Skipping, etc. I just cannot get over how much Allah, through His incredible messages, draws me like a magnet to what pleases Him!
I'm not quoting hadith and Quran for the benefits mentioned below; you can find them easily yourself and I don't want this to be a book. I am just giving an example of a few of the incentives from Allah...literally a drop in the ocean of all He offers us for doing simple things.
- Do one good deed and Allah will record it as ten or more (up to as many more good deeds as He wills).
- Just think of doing a good deed, without even doing it and you get the reward for doing it.
- Do a bad deed and Allah records it as just one.
- The good deeds erase the bad deeds.
Quran Recitation and Prayer:
- Don't despair if you don't know enough Quran to recite half of it in a night, recite Surat Al Zalzalah and it is equal to a quarter of the Quran, so in two rakaat, one half bi idhn Illah ta'ala.
- Surat Al Ikhlaas, one of the shortest and easiest suwar to learn, is equal to 1/3 of the Quran.
- You cannot stand for the whole night in prayer? Wake up for tahajjud sometime in the last 1/3 of the night and recite the last 10 ayaat of Surat al Imran and you will have the reward of standing the whole night in prayer.
Looking for a good "deal"? Check out the Rewards for Dhikr chart !
Subhaan Allah, just say His name and see what you get!
From Abu Sa`id al-Khudri, the Prophet (saw) said:
"No people mention Allah but the angels surround them, mercy covers them, tranquility descends on them, and Allah mentions them to those who are with Him." (Muslim, at-Tirmidhi)