Monday, August 16, 2010

Parenting: It's all about ME!

As salaamu alaikum wa Rahmat Allah wa Barakatuh

Last year I thought of a slogan to put on the whiteboard in our schoolroom. The purpose of it was to encourage my children to do their best, not just what is okay or fine. It says,

" If you CAN do better, then you SHOULD do better!"

Well, somehow I thought to myself, "Mai, that applies to you and your mothering. You need that reminder and encouragement EVEN MORE than the children need it!" So I put that slogan up on the whiteboard in big red letters...for ME. If my childrens' schoolwork benefits then that's wonderful too, but the biggest benefit they can have is me being as good as I can be with them. Subhaan Allah! It never ceases to amaze me how Allah, azza wa jal, always sends us what we need for our success. Alhamdul'Illah!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers