Monday, August 16, 2010

Why are you alive?

Bism Illah wa as salaamu alaykum.

Someone posed the question, "Why are you alive and what keeps you alive?" This is what I answered. As it was da'awah, I used the term God to keep the asker's mind open.

"I am alive because God willed me to be. There is no existence without Him. What keeps me alive is also God's will as my life and my death are in His hands. He wills for me to continue in this life, appreciate all of His blessings, worship, and obey Him. Quite simply, God sent down His message to prophet after prophet. Each one said follow my example, and worship God. That's what we are here to do, and if we follow the example of the prophets, who all submitted to God, we will be successful in this life and the hereafter. That success is the goal."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers